Wednesday, March 14, 2012

No Sew Fleece

We recently found out we are Having a BABY GIRL!!! So I joined Top Baby Blogs and would be over the Moon if you would take two seconds, (Really just TWO I promise) by clicking the link below then clicking the first Owl!! You are Awesome!! Thank You, Hope you enjoy your No Sew Blankets :) 


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs


We Love blankets in this house...My Dogs especially. So today's Project was Two blankets for my puppy's and One for Me. I have one started for Ralph but as you can imagine he didn't want Zebra!!  It took me about 45 minutes to make all three!! This was the easiest projects I have ever done. You only need fleece cut to the size you want, tape measure, and scissors! 

You can follow me on Pinterest HERE for More DYI Blog Updates or Subscribe to the Right to get E-mail Updates :o) Spring Projects Coming Soon :o) 

Things You'll Need
  • 2 pieces of fleece, 2 yards each for adult throw...You can really do any size you desire
  • Scissors
  • Clothes Pins if you are making a big one and need it to stay on the table while cutting. I did mine on the floor and it worked just fine :o) 
  •  Tape Measure

                                          

Instructions   
    • 1
Lay the two pieces of fleece out of your work surface -- one on top of the other, with right sides facing out.
    • 2
Pin the pieces together, staying at least 4 inches away from the edge.


    • 3
Cut off the selvage edges or the whip-stitched edges, if you're using two ready-made blankets, with sharp fabric scissors.
    • 4
Cut a 4-inch square from each corner. Cut through both layers of fabric.
    • 5
Cut 4-inch long strips into the perimeter of the blanket, leaving an inch between cuts.
    • 6
Tie each strip from the top piece of fleece to the corresponding strip from the bottom piece of fleece to create a fringed edge. Work your way around all four sides to complete your no-sew fleece blanket.








27 comments:

bsugxo said...

is it 2 yards per a print or one yard per a print?

Sarah with an h said...

It's Two Yards per Print :o)

Laura said...

Now do you do # 4 on all sides of the corners?

Sarah with an h said...

For these I did.... When I make smaller ones I make it smaller :)

ngallimore1230 said...

what about washing? will they come apart?

Sarah with an h said...

I've washed mine several times and it hasn't fallen apart, so I don't think so :o)

~ Irelands_Mommy ~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~ Irelands_Mommy ~ said...

My daughters step-mom made her one 5 years ago and she still has it. So trust me when I say that they are sturdy and do not come apart. I have been thinking about making some to sale for Christmas gifts.

abbott02 said...

What size fabric did you use for your puppy blankets?

Sarah with an h said...

That is a great idea!! :)

Sarah with an h said...

I think about a half a yard :) I would just buy a yard and measure it next to your pup :o)

Unknown said...

well it was really nice blankets you made there..

Sarah with an h said...

Thank You Nancy :)

TKS said...

My mom has made all of her kids and grandkids one of these blankets. They do not come apart. Ours are definitely used. I am making a bunch of these for Silver Keys for Christmas this year.

Sarah with an h said...

I love the idea of making them for Christmas!! :o)

EMS said...

so cute! about how long does the tieing part take? thinking about this as a craft for my seven-year-olds birthday party but not sure if the kids will go antsy. :)

thanks!

Sarah with an h said...

Thank you :o) I did all three at the same time. The prep and the cutting took the most time. If you prepare everything before hand and they only have to do the knotting I think they would enjoy it :o) and what a great idea...they make it and then get to keep it as a party favor!!

Unknown said...

So far as the measurements, I tried to look them up online once before to no avail, but do you need a perfect 2yrd x 2yrds square? May seem like a crazy question, but I'm a perfectionist and HAVE to have it right! lol

Sarah with an h said...

Ha I hear ya Erin... For these the big one was two yards...I just trusted the fabric store to cut it perfect. (That is the pink one) the other two I kinda just measured to how big my dogs were :) hope that helps :)

Unknown said...

how many yards do i need to make a king size bed one?

Sarah with an h said...

Hi Nikki, I'm not sure how much fabric you would need...I never made one that big before. I would measure your king size blanket then add 4 inches to that measurement for the knots :) wish I had more info. If you do find out the measurements please share, I'm sure my readers would love to know :)

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

The important thing is to be sure that both fabric pieces are exactly the same size, I think!

Sarah with an h said...

I agree Flo :o) I've done a few more since this post and they have been random sizes....I just cut the second piece the same size as the first and it can out perfect! Great advice! :)

Samantha Arnold said...

I absolutely LOVE these! I've been trying to come up with a cute idea for Christmas presents. Thank you for this! :)

Unknown said...

Do you tie the ends once or do you double tie the ends?

Sarah with an h said...

I just tied one knot...but I'm sure a double knot would it make it more secure :)

Sarah with an h said...

Thank You Samantha :) and you are so Welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...