Thursday, March 1, 2012

EggShell CupCakes

I LOVE Spring & Easter!!! I love coloring Eggs….I’ve never stopped even as an Adult! For the past two years I have been doing more things with all the eggs I buy, as you can only color so many. I made Crackled Deviled eggs, and they are so cute...I will blog about those soon!!! Today I made Egg Shell Cupcakes!! The kids will Love them (the adults too). Plus you can make it a game…even an Easter Tradition of trying to guess what color Cake will be inside!! 

You can Follow me on Pinterest HERE  For the latest updates on my Blog :) 









Add the cake batter in the egg shell by layers.....Then you get this Fun Look!!



THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FILL THEM MORE THAN 2/3rds



Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
  • 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated.
  3. Split the batter up between bowls and add food coloring to each, stir.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.

I put tinfoil in the cupcake spots to hold the eggs upright…Fill the egg 2/3 the way…This will take some trial and error. Its better to have it over flow than to not have enough batter (you won’t have a full egg and you can always clean the outside), Just wipe with a damp towel to clean the batter off the shell. 



Take a “Peep” at my  Birds Nest Treat and my Deviled “Chicks” HERE!!!! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...